Located in the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps, Leysin American School has a history of nurturing talent and motivating students to succeed in education, sports and arts.
WELCOME TO LEYSIN AMERICAN SCHOOL, A SCHOOL WITH “FAMILY” VALUES.
Located in the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps, Leysin American School has a history of nurturing talent and motivating students to succeed in education, sports and arts. We bring together students from around the world to create a campus community with a global perspective and a family atmosphere. Our ethos of maintaining strong links with students and parents underpins the education we provide from grades 8 through 12, culminating in the International Baccalaureate or the U.S. High School Diploma.
We believe in the traditional Swiss values of quality and excellence, and our academic program reflects those attributes.
Extracurricular activities—including ski term, team and adventure sports, and excursions to cities that many only dream of visiting—round out the outstanding lifestyle experience.
A visit is the best way to understand why so many students and their families have made Leysin American School such an important part of their lives. Contact us to schedule a visit and receive your warm welcome to Leysin and Switzerland.
12 – 18
IB, High School
Established by Fred and Sigrid Ott in 1960
Now managed by the third generation of the Ott family
Not-for-profit foundation since 2005
- Teaching in English
- Grades 8-12 ( 12-18 years old)
- Postgraduate Year – Year 13
- IB, International Baccalaureate
- U.S. High School Diploma
- English as a Second Language
- English Bridge Program (April-August)
- Faculty-to-student ratio – 1:8
- Average class size – 12
- Full-time faculty – 72; 95% live on campus
- Special optional academic tutorial program
- SAT preparation and testing
- 350 students – 60 nationalities – Full boarding school – Located in the Swiss Alps, Vaud Canton
- French-speaking part of Switzerland
- Mountain location, ski resort of Leysin
- Two hours from Geneva
- Sports teams
- European travel
- Arts and cultural performances
- Ski-Term, January to March
- Caring community
- Partnership with parents
- Afternoon activities
- Model United Nations
- Weekend excursions
- Faculty Family
- Belle Époque Campus for International Baccalaureate studies
- Savoy Campus for Middle school, ESL and U.S. High School Diploma studies
- Twelve buildings
- Shared accommodation with bathroom
- Media centre
- Black box theatre
- Performance hall
- Art centre
- Two libraries
- Apple Technology at LAS (ATLAS)
- Gym for indoor sports
- Squash court
- Two fitness rooms
UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE PLACEMENT
- 99% of graduates attend colleges and universities worldwide
- Over 80% continue to U.S. universities
- Annual visits by over 70 universities from U.S., Canada and Europe
- Swiss excursions: Geneva, Berne, Lugano
- Italian trips: Florence, Rome, Venice
- European trips: London, Paris, Barcelona
- Spring Break trips: Tanzania, China, Egypt
- Weekend excursions
SUMMER IN SWITZERLAND
- 3-7 week program, June-August
- 8-18 years old; 3 age groups, 8-12, 13-15, 16-18
- Culture week
- European adventure (Madrid, Rome, London, etc.)
- French language immersion
- English, science and art classes
- Adventure, exploration, challenge
WINTER IN SWITZERLAND
- Ski lessons
- Theory of Knowledge, Language
- One-week tour of Italy
7 – 18
WINTER & SPRING CAMP
FROM 3 WEEKS UP TO 7 WEEKS
24.6.2017 – 15.8.2017
Leysin is a sunny alpine resort village at the eastern end of Lake Geneva in proximity to Montreux, Lausanne, and Geneva. In prior years, Leysin was known for its sanatoriums for tuberculosis; today its spectacular Alpine views across the Rhône Valley towards the Dents du Midi invite year-round mountain sports and recreation.
The entire village of Leysin and hamlet of Veyges are designated as part of the Inventory of Swiss Heritage Sites.
- Leysin American School
- 1854 Leysin
You can view the Leysin American School Fees here.
You can view LAS Calendar 2016 – 2017 here.
You can view full details in the Summer Camp Brochure 2017.