Les Elfes International is located in Verbier, Switzerland. Every year we welcome thousands of students to our spring, summer and winter camps in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
Ever since opening in 1987, we have provided exciting activity holidays to children from all over the world, holidays of discovery and adventure where they learn new sports and activities.
We offer a warm and welcoming environment where students meet other people from all over the world. We host 5,000 students every year from over 50 different nations, and everyone feels at home.
Winter Camp Activities
Our winter camps focus primarily on skiing and snowboarding. We provide lessons for complete beginners right up to advanced skiers, so you are welcome to come along no matter what your level.
Verbier is a world-famous ski resort with over 450km of ski slopes and over 100 ski lifts that connect four valleys. Because of its high altitude, there is guaranteed snow from December to April.
We put a strong focus on developing new skills, working as a team, and leadership skills. Our aim is to provide students with a challenge and boost their self-confidence while they also have a lot of fun.
Why Choose the Les Elfes Winter Camp?
Verbier is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the Swiss Alps, surrounded by stunning scenery and opposite Le Grand Combin. It is also located on a south-facing plateau, guaranteeing plenty of sunshine.
Verbier itself has a relaxed and cosmopolitan atmosphere with plenty of shops and restaurants. It’s also easy to reach, being just 1 hour and 45 minutes from Geneva.
We have developed an excellent reputation since opening in 1987, and we continue to grow every year. We have our own campuses with a capacity of 250 beds across them.
Children and teenagers love coming to our winter camp where they make new friends from all over the world and take home wonderful memories.
From beginning of December until the end of April, Les Elfes offers several winter camp sessions, usually from 1 to 2 weeks long for boys and girls from 8 to 18 years old from all over the world.
Snow sports with optional language lessons. In addition, we offer daily changing exciting after-ski and evening activities.
The high altitude of the Verbier ski resort guarantees great snow conditions throughout the whole season.
At Les Elfes we allow the young adults to express their individuality within a truly international circle. Each winter, we welcome over 45 different nationalities from all continents of the world.
Les Elfes Winter Camp ensures active participation, a very broad choice of exciting activities and a high degree of learning in a fun and very international environment, all by guaranteeing maximum safety through our caring & experienced staff.
Campers will return home with great experiences, fantastic memories and lifelong friendships.
- Ski & Snowboard lessons from Beginner to Advanced Level.
- 6h per day / 6 days per week.
- 8h per week, French, German, English or Spanish
- Discover Switzerland and surroundings, 1 full day of Excursion per week.
- Cheese Factory, Chocolate Factory, Geneva Highsights, Montreux Castel, and so much more…
Meet friends from all corners of the world. Trough out each year, there is a mix of over 50 different nationalities present at Les Elfes.
We are pleased to have heard from many campers that they have found lifelong friendships and have built international networks for their future.
At Les Elfes we have students from all over the world. Within this international community we feel it is beneficial to recognize the traditions of each other. It not only gives students the opportunity to celebrate their nation or beliefs, but allows them to bring a little piece of home into the camp.
Also students from other parts of the world will learn and hopefully appreciate the cultures of others, to recognize that New Year is celebrated at a different date in china for example, or that Christmas is not always on the 25th of December for some. In this modern diverse age, the fabrics of society are made up of many different cultures, and here at Les Elfes we constantly strive to recognize them all, and if it means cooking some traditional dishes, or decorating the chalets accordingly, then we are more than happy to encourage students to do so and will help them along the way.
Ski or Snowboard ( From Beginner To Advanced)
At Les Elfes, our ski and snowboard instructors teach all ability levels, from complete beginners, who have never seen snow before in their lives to very advanced skiers. All equipment can be hired on campus: skis / snowboards, boots, wrist protectors and helmets, skiwear. All equipment is renewed on a regular basis.
From beginning of December until the end of April, Les Elfes offers several winter camp sessions, usually from 1 to 2 weeks long. Our winter camp is a ski and snowboard camp and combines the discovery and practice of skiing and snowboarding with optional language lessons. In addition, we offer daily changing exciting after-ski and evening activities.
- Beginners will start on an easy slope, which is located very close to the center of the village.
- On the beginner slope, we use the “magic carpet” to go up. In small groups with qualified Les Elfes ski instructors, our newcomers will learn step by step first familiarizing themselves with the new equipment.
- At the end of one week, beginners will be able to do parallel turns on skis or snowboard fluently within the ski resort of Verbier.
- Intermediate level skiers will go further up on the mountain and see many parts of the ski resort.
- They are comfortable on blue and red slopes and can ski parallel. Introducing advanced skiing techniques and black slopes.
- Intermediate level skiers will go further up on the mountain and see many parts of the ski resort. They are comfortable on blue and red slopes and can ski parallel. Introducing advanced skiing techniques and black slopes.
- Advanced skiers will do very dynamic skiing. They are comfortable on black slopes and will learn or improve carving techniques and dynamic short turns. They are able to ski itinerary runs such as Mont Fort and Tortin.
- 07:30: Wake-up
- 08:00: Breakfast
- 09:00: Ski or Snowboard Lessons
- 12:00: Lunch up the mountain at our private caban
- 13:00: Ski or Snowboard Lessons
- 17:00: Free time
- 19:00: Dinner
- 20:00: Evening Games
On top of this regular daily schedule: Excursion + Special Days / Activities
Detailed Programme :
- A typical day at les Elfes will start with an early wake-up at 7.30am followed by a large continental breakfast until 8.45am. All skiers and snowboarders will leave to go skiing with their instructors; departure from campus is with our private mini buses.
- From 9.00-12.00 the students will be on the slopes in order to get their ski lessons and discover and practice new exercises.
- From 12.00-1.00pm, a warm lunch will be served in our private mountain restaurants.
- From 1.00pm to 4.00pm, the campers will practice what they have learnt in the morning and enjoy the skiing with their instructors.
- At 4.00pm, all campers will return to camp, enjoy a hot chocolate and relax until 5.00pm, when they will be signing up for the after ski activities, which are fully supervised by our animation staff. These activities will be indoor & outdoor activities, such as swimming, visiting the town of Verbier, going ice skating and many more.
- At 7.00pm, dinner will be served including a fresh and healthy 3 course menu. The evening activities will take place from 8.00pm until 10.00pm. Some of our classics are the torchlight walk through the forest, ice hockey / ice skating, music video, private disco and many other activities.
- During the week, the campers will go on an exciting excursion in Switzerland.
Book Your Place Today
We would love to see you at the Les Elfes Winter Camp, but please be quick to make your booking because our places fill up fast! Book over the phone today, or call to ask us any questions you have about our winter camp, and we will be happy to help you.