At GEMS World Academy – Etoy, we teach an international program of study to children aged 3 to 17. We are proud to be an IB World School and offer the IB Diploma Programme. IB World Schools share a common philosophy – a commitment to a high quality, challenging international education, that we believe is important for our students.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is globally recognised and focuses on academic excellence and extensive extra-curricular enrichment. It is a challenging programme that meets the needs of highly motivated students and is recognised as a renowned education by leading universities around the world.
The IB encourages independent learning. It provides students with the best possible education for the modern world, and demands very high standards of teaching and school leadership. The teaching and learning is complemented by advanced technology solutions thus enabling the learning of higher order skills in the classroom to give better educational outcomes.
Only schools authorised by the IB Organization can offer any of its academic programmes. GEMS World Academy-Etoy is fully authorised for the IB Diploma Programme and we expect authorisation for the PYP and MYP late in 2015.
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) :
- Ages 3 to 12
- Focuses on the development of the whole child in the classroom and in the world outside
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) :
- Ages 11 to 16
- Provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills through embracing and transcending traditional school subjects
- Diploma Programme (IBDP) :
- Ages 16 to 19
- A demanding, two-year curriculum that unlocks students’ full academic potential and leads to a diploma that is prized by the most prestigious universities.