Admissions and Administration Fees
- Admission Fee: CHF 3,500 per child
- This is a “one off” fee payable upon acceptance and confirmation of your child’s place at our school. At present this admission fee is waived for any child joining from a school in the Cantons of Vaud and Geneva regardless of the proposed year of entry. In line with normal entry procedures, we ask for payment of CHF 3,500 to confirm your child’s place and this amount is deducted from the first term’s fees.
- Annual administration and re-enrolment: No cost
- There are no annual administration fees payable for students re-enrolling for subsequent years.
Convenient, structured payments for an outstanding education
- We want all of our GEMS parents to feel informed about school fees and be able to plan their school year. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our team for more information. We are always happy to help at any stage.
A sibling discount will be applied in order of descending age as follows:
2nd child: 5% reduction on the Tuition Fees
3rd, and each subsequent child: 10% reduction on the Tuition Fees
Merit-based scholarships are offered to students with exceptional talents across multiple disciplines, including the arts, music, academic subjects, sports and community service.
These awards are granted on an annual basis and can be a reduction in fees starting from 10% of Tuition Fees and up to 100% of Tuition Fees. You can find out more about Scholarships here.
- What is included ?
- You can find out which grade is appropriate for your child here.
- Our Tuition Fees include:
- All teaching resources required within the curriculum
- All teacher-led extra-curricular activities. There are over 20 activities to choose from which vary per Term.
- Whilst we have some school iPads available for younger children to use, we are a “Bring your own Device” (BYOD) environment and recommend students from Grade 1 to bring a personal learning device to school each and every day.
- iPad is the device of choice and we provide a list of required applications (available in the student/family handbook).
Additional & Mandatory Expenses
Through the school year students will participate in school field trips, the winter ski / snow sports program and residential trips such as camp in the Spring for Grades 3-11. Families receive full details in advance. Estimates of the costs of these, based on previous years are:
|1||Ski Programme Grade 1 - 11||Approx. CHF 650.- 4 Days|
|2||Residential Spring Camps Grade 3 -11||Approx. CHF 600.-|
|3||Class trips||CHF 350.- per academic year|
|1||Before and After School Care||CHF 15 booked in advance CHF 18 booked on the day|
|2||School catered lunches Highly recommended||CHF 2,600 per child per academic year|
|3||Snacks||These can be purchased in the school restaurant|
|4||School Bus Service||Free shuttle bus from Allaman Station if arriving from stations between Geneva and Rolle CHF 1,500 to Allaman Station CHF 2,900 5-10km from school CHF 3,900 10-20km from school CHF 4,900 20km+ from school|
|5||External Extra Curricular Activities||CHF 25 per hour|
|6||Music Academy Extra Lessons||CHF 60 for 30 minute instrumental lessons|
|7||World Language Learning Centre||CHF 20 per child per hour in a group CHF 75 per child per hour individual|
|8||Specific Learning Difference Support||Fees will vary depending on the nature of individual support required|
- School fees are payable in advance of the relevant Term and are due at least one month before the beginning of that Term. School Tuition Fees are set annually and payable in three (3) installments:
- Term 1: 40% of Tuition Fees
- Term 2: 30% of Tuition Fees
- Term 3: 30% of Tuition Fees
- The financial commitment is for the full academic year unless departures during the year are requested using the withdrawal form submitted before or on the given deadlines.