Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA)
Multiple-option Bachelor degree in Switzerland
The BSL BBA is offered as a 3-year or 2-year program and students can choose between different options:
Option 1: BBA Program With Internship and Cultural Exchange Option (3 years)For students willing to stay in Switzerland during their studies and have the possibility of doing an internship at the end of the third year. Students can either find an internship on their own or secure a place in the BSL Experiential Learning Internship Program.
In addition, student who select this option, have the possibility to do a 6-month international cultural experience at the Business School of Renmin University of China in Beijing. This provides students with the opportunity to travel, add a global perspective, and gain a broader view of the world while studying for their degree.
Transfer of credits may be possible depending on selection of courses taken at the Renmin University. All classes are given in English. Admission to the Beijing semester abroad is selective and students who wish to apply for the student exchange program will be assessed based on their GPA performance and engagement in their studies at BSL.
Option 2: Double Bachelor Degree Option (3 years)– Double Bachelor Degree Option in Dublin, Ireland
Double Bachelor Degree Option in Dublin: includes two years of study at BSL and a final third year at the Dublin Business School (DBS), Ireland. Students following this program will receive a second Bachelor-level degree and graduate with two degrees after three years, one from BSL and one from Dublin. DBS is one of the oldest private business schools in Ireland with a state degree accreditation which allows students to continue their studies with a master’s degree at any public or private university. All classes are given in English.
– Double Bachelor Degree Option in Paris, France
Double Bachelor Degree Option in Paris: includes two years of study at BSL and a final third year at the University of Paris – Paris-Est Créteil Val-de-Marne University (UPEC). Students following this program will receive a second Bachelor-level degree and graduate with two degrees after three years, one from BSL and one from UPEC. The UPEC degree is officially called: “diplôme national français de Licence”, often referred to as “BAC + 3” in France. It has a state degree accreditation which allows students to continue their studies with a master’s degree at any public or private university. All classes are given in English.
Option 3: Accelerated BBA Program (2 years)
For highly motivated students wishing to get a head start in their careers. This option allows students to join the business world as soon as possible or continue with advanced studies at a Master’s level.
Directly Applicable Education
BSL’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program provides a solid foundation in general business and primes you for employment by teaching modules that are relevant to today’s business world. Such modules include Micro Economics in the 21st Century, Job Hunting Skills, Global Environment, Marketing Communications, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, Decision Analysis, and Introduction to Managing your Self-Effectiveness.
Our firm attendance and assignment deadline policies teach and reinforce the importance of being responsible and reliable in the workplace.
Today’s employers are seeking graduates with an appropriate general business education and the maturity to confidently make responsible business decisions on a day-to-day basis. Our regularly updated curriculum incorporate current issues, increasing your awareness about the challenges in an ever-changing world.
- Eligible candidates are graduates of High School, International Baccalaureate (IB), Swiss Professional Maturity (in commerce) or equivalent.
- We select high caliber, high school graduates with little or no work experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force. The average age of our first year BBA is 21 years.
- The BBA class of 2014 is made up of 68% male, 25% female coming from 18 different countries.
- To learn more about the current Bachelor’s class, download the 2014 class profile.
- Prepare you to tackle all areas related to general business. The BBA’s 40-module program equips you for a fast-paced business career with relevant and practical subjects such as Consumer Behavior, Political Economy, Solving Big Problems, Sustainable Business Strategy, and Introduction to Corporate Strategy.
- Broaden your general awareness of worldly developments and current international affairs. A Bachelor degree from BSL not only instills essential business knowledge but more importantly grooms you to make sound and informed decisions about issues affecting the developments in international business.
- Refine essential interpersonal skills such as effective communication, problem solving, lateral thinking, and organization. Discover and develop your strengths in order to reach your own potential with modules such as Basic Job Hunting Skills and Effective Self-Management.
- Develop you to conduct business responsibly for a sustainable future. At BSL, social and environmental responsibility is emphasized in all programs.Enhance your professional development by taking a third year of specialization. The Double Degree option allows you to specialize in Project Management, Marketing, HR, or Business Management, in collaboration with Dublin Business School.
The BSL BBA is offered as a 2-year or 3-year program and students can choose between different options:
Option 1: Accelerated BBA Program (2 years)
The Accelerated BBA Program is completed in 2 years and is equivalent to 200 ECTS credits. The academic curriculum includes 40 modules over 22 months. Each module involves 40 hours of classroom time, spread over five days per week (Mon – Fri).
Option 2: BBA Program with Internship Option (3 years)
The BBA Program with Internship Option includes 40 modules which are completed at BSL and offers a well-balanced course schedule over the 3-year period. This program option gives students the possibility of doing an internship at the end of the third year of study.
Students can either find an internship on their own or secure a place in the BSL Experiential Learning Internship Program.
Experiential Learning Internship Program
The ELIP program is optional and highly selective – students need to secure a place through a formal application process conducted in the course of the academic year.
The program will take place over a 10-week period and students will receive extracurricular course credits for this program. It is important to note that while considered an integral part of BSL studies, the ELIP program is taken in addition to the mandatory courses and does not replace standard courses in any of the programs.
The program consists of two parts:
- Work in an internship position for approx. 10 weeks at a company or organization identified by BSL;
- Full participation in a course at BSL called ELIP (Experiential Learning Internship Program)
The combination of these two elements enables students to acquire additional academic credit equivalent to two courses in their respective program (2 x 5 ECTS).
Option 3: Double Degree BBA Program (2.5-3 years)
The Double Degree BBA Program with Dublin Business School (DBS) is also equivalent to 200 ECTS credits. It comprises of 28 modules completed at BSL, each worth 5 ETCS credits, spread over 1.5-2 years. In the third year of specialization at DBS, 6 modules, each worth 10 ECTS credits are completed to make up a total of 200 ECTS. Classes at BSL are scheduled either three or four days per week, depending on the particular term.
Courses and curriculum:
Study plans for the BBA program, Fall intake, are available below. Study plans for the November and February intake are available per request.
- Accelerated BBA Program – 2 years
- BBA Program with Internship Option – 3 years
- Double Degree BBA Program – 2.5-3 years
TERM 1 (FALL)
- Micro-economics in the 21st Century
- The History and Future of Business
- Psychology for Business
- Business English
TERM 2 (WINTER)
- Consumer Behavior
- Introduction to Marketing Planning
- Macro-economics in the 21st Century
TERM 3 (SPRING)
- Office Software for Business
- Principles of Accounting
- Organisational Behavior and Development
TERM 4 (SUMMER)
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
- International Business and Economics
- Global Human Resources Management
TERM 5 (FALL)
- Marketing Communications
- Corporate and Business Law
- Financial Management
- Intro to MIS
TERM 6 (WINTER)
- Business Mathematics and Calculus
- Management Accounting & Perfor. Mgt
- International Marketing
- Knowledge Management
TERM 7 (SPRING)
- Sociology for Business
- Introduction to Project Management
- International Finance
TERM 8 (SUMMER)
- Sustainable Business Strategy
- Business Statistics
BA Business Management HRM (year 3 DBS specialization)
- Business Strategy; HRM; Global Business Environment; Training and Development; Employee Relations and the Law
BA Business Management (year 3 DBS specialization)
- Global Business Environment; HRM; Business Strategy
- Options (Choose 2 options)
- Management Accounting / Information Management / Services Marketing / Corporate and Business Law
Year 3 BA Marketing (year 3 DBS specialization)
- Business Strategy; Consumer Analysis; Services Marketing; International Marketing
- Options (Choose 1 option)
- Corporate Law /HRM
Year 3 BA Project Management (year 3 DBS specialization)
- Business Strategy; HRM; Global Business Environment; Project Planning Techniques; Project Management and Evaluation