The English Foundation Programme
The English Foundation Programme runs throughout the year in four-week blocks. Students may join at the beginning of any four-week block, for a minimum of four weeks.
The course offers students a minimum of 20 hours of English instruction per week and covers the following subject areas:
- Introduction to College Studies
- Structured Writing and Grammar
- Learning Strategies and Study Techniques
- Reading and Text Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- General Hospitality Knowledge
- Vocabulary Development and Intermediate Reading
The length of the course for each participant depends on their personal English level and motivation, with the objective to achieve the required score to enter their desired hospitality course.
The English Foundation Programme is offered at the Swiss Education Group partner school, Hotel Institute Montreux. Students from all Swiss Education Group schools who need to strengthen their English language skills participate in the course.
Upon completion of the course, the Swiss Education Group will provide transportation to your chosen school to start your hospitality or culinary studies.